about 4 years ago
Hack My Ride Participants:
We hope you're as excited as we are as we approach Hack My Ride: VTA's Transportation Idea Jam! With $3,000 in prizes, many interesting challenges to work on and 100+ bright minds attending, there's a lot to be excited about.
A few reminders:
- An Eventbrite ticket from http://hackmyride.eventbrite.com is required to get you in the doors at The Tech. This event is sold out, but you can still join the wait list and potentially get in. If you won't be able to attend the whole event please release your ticket. This will allow the excited hackers on the wait list to participate and help us get an accurate head-count.
- ChallengePost Account: After securing your ticket through Eventbrite, you’ll need to register at hackmyride.challengepost.com in order to compete for the $3,000 in prizes. Click “Sign Up” to create a ChallengePost account, or click “Log In” and log in with an existing ChallengePost account. At that site, you can also find the event schedule, prize info, official rules, the submission gallery, public voting and the winners when the time comes. You can also join teams—we encourage you to explore this option!
- Please review the VTA data sets and APIs available at https://data.vta.org since in order to qualify for prizes your submission must use at least one such VTA data set or API.
- Resource Materials: Visit http://bit.ly/1tgqlJM for APIs, loads of open data, cloud-based geospatial tools provided free by our sponsors Mapbox and AmigoCloud, examples of existing transportation apps, and other helpful resources to spur your creativity like the recent Re-Programming Mobility report. We'll continue adding to this before Saturday and during the event. Add your own resources or feedback in the comments!
- What should participants work on or what do you plan to build at Hack My Ride? Share your ideas or what you plan to work on at http://bit.ly/hmrideas.
- Social Media: Before, during and after the event, the hashtag is #hackmyride. Please tweet about your ideas, live-tweet about your hacks, share photos, and tell all your friends and family to vote for their favorite submissions at hackmyride.challengepost.com during popular voting on Sunday!
- Public transportation: disembark VTA light rail at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center stop and walk east to Market Street and north 1 block on Market Street to Park Avenue. Plan your trip at vta.org or with your favorite trip planning app!
- Parking with Validation is $5 flat rate and is available at the following lots: