over 4 years ago
Hack My Ride Participants:
Get ready…the hacking starts tomorrow! We’ll have breakfast and coffee when the doors open at 8:30, so please come before the program starts at 9 a.m.
You already have your Eventbrite ticket and you’ve registered at hackmyride.challengepost.com, right? Good.
Here are 5 ways you can get ready:
1. Complete your profile on the Hack My Ride website at hackmyride.challengepost.com, connect with other participants to form a team, and start discussion topics about your idea or what help you need. If you want to compete for prizes, be sure to read the Official Rules too.
2. Review the many resources available at http://bit.ly/hmrresources. There you’ll find:
- Free access to cloud-based geo tools Mapbox and AmigoCloud for Hack My Ride participants
- Loads of open data from VTA, the City of San JoseAmigoCloud, Bay Area Bike Share, the Census Bureau and the federal government
- Powerful INRIX traffic and congestion data for the first five teams to request it Saturday
- A list of existing transit apps and tools so your idea can build on their features
- A link to the Re-Programming Mobility report with 4 scenarios for transportation in 2030
3. Pack up all the materials you like to use for prototyping—paper, pens, pencils, scissors, tape, cardboard, etc. We’ll have some white boards, paper, markers, Post-Its and pencils, but you may want to bring your own. We’ll also have power strips, but you may want to bring your own if you’ll have a lot of devices.
4. Know what you’re going to work on? In addition to posting about it and connecting with teammates at hackmyride.challengepost.com, tweet about it using the #hackmyride hashtag.
5. Looking for ideas? Have more ideas than you can handle? See what’s been submitted, submit your own, and vote for your favorites at http://bit.ly/hmrideas.
If there's anything we forgot, don't hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org.