over 4 years ago
Submissions are due by 2 p.m. tomorrow. If you're unsure whether your submission will qualify for prizes tomorrow, please ask Cody.
Go to http://hackmyride.challengepost.com/submissions/new to enter a submission. You must be registered first. The entry form is pretty self-explanatory, with some required elements and some optional elements.
Five tips to improve your submission:
- In your description, include your targeted user or audience.
- Mention the data and APIs you used, as well as what data your submission would generate.
- Describe how your submission would improve transportation and engage people in making transportation work better.
- Describe where you envision taking your submission in the future and identify any resources or data that would help you get there.
- We'd recommend you include plenty of screenshots and if possible a narrated screencast of an app demo so judges can have a clear sense of how it works.
Six tips to improve your presentation:
- Based on the number of projects we're aware of, you'll have 5 minutes for your presentation and a couple of minutes to answer questions.
- Open up your submission in the ChallengePost Submission gallery as a starting point.
- What target audiences or users did you have in mind? What needs or problems are you trying to solve?
- Walk us through a set of screenshots, a demo or a screencast. Consider a scenario, skit or acting out of a potential use-case to help us understand the benefits of your submission.
- What data did you use? What kind of data does it generate?
- How will this engage people in making transportation work better?
- Where do you want to take this in the future and what data or resources could help you overcome them?